Thank you to Martin Kantarowski for producing this virtual tour of TreeHouse School so prospective pupils and parents can take a tour of the school before they visit and familiarise themselves with TreeHouse School.
If you are looking for a school for your child with autism, and think that TreeHouse School may be right, you may apply for a place if:
- Your child has a diagnosis of autism or a related communication disorder.
- Your child has a statement of special educational needs or Education, Health and Care plan or will have one soon.
- Find out about TreeHouse School from our website, school prospectus and Ofsted reports and find out about any other schools that seem right for your child. TreeHouse is a small school and has a limited number of places.
- Arrange to visit TreeHouse School by reserving a place on one of the Parent and Carer Open Afternoon Visit and Tour Events. At this event you will be given an Admissions Information pack containing the School Prospectus, other school information and an expression of interest form to take away with you.
If you decide to apply
- We ask that you contact your Local Authority named SEN officer to request that an application for placement be sent to the Headteacher, as all places at TreeHouse are funded by Local Authorities, except in exceptional circumstances, for example if a family is in the UK temporarily.
- If, following a visit, you complete the expression of interest form, it will be kept on file while we wait for the application from your Local Authority.
- If the Local Authority does not agree with your choice, speak to your Special Educational Needs and Disabilities Information Advice and Support Service (SENDIASS) or one of the other parents’ advice organisations, as they can tell you how to appeal to the Special Educational Needs and Disability Tribunal (SEND).
When we receive an application
- The TreeHouse School Admissions Panel may arrange to assess your child, if a place is available in the appropriate year group, to check we can meet their needs.
- Following assessment a place may be offered. This is on condition that the Local Authority names the school in Part 4 of your child’s statement.