Thank you to Martin Kantarowski for producing this virtual tour of TreeHouse School so prospective pupils and parents can take a tour of the school before they visit and familiarise themselves with TreeHouse School.
If you are looking for a school for your child with autism, and think that TreeHouse School may be right, you may apply for a place if:
- Your child has a diagnosis of autism or a related communication disorder.
- Your child has a statement of special educational needs or Education, Health and Care plan or will have one soon.
- Find out about TreeHouse School from our website, school prospectus and Ofsted reports and find out about any other schools that seem right for your child. TreeHouse is a small school and has a limited number of places.
- Arrange to visit TreeHouse School by reserving a place on one of the Parent Visiting Afternoons that take place once every half term. At this event you will be given an Application Pack containing the School Prospectus, other school information and an application form to take away with you.
If you decide to apply
- You can apply directly by sending in an application form with a copy of your child’s current statement and related documents. If you apply directly, let your Local Authority know, as places at TreeHouse are funded by Local Authorities except in exceptional circumstances, for example if a family is in the UK temporarily.
- If you decide to apply by asking your Local Authority to arrange a place at TreeHouse School, speak to your named SEN Officer about this.
- If the Local Authority does not agree with your choice, speak to your Parent Partnership Officer or one of the parents’ advice organisations, as they can tell you how to appeal to the Special Educational Needs and Disability Tribunal (SEND). See our Seeking independent advice page for more information about this.
When we receive an application
- The TreeHouse School Admissions Panel may arrange to assess your child, if a place is available in the appropriate year group, to check we can meet their needs.
- Following assessment a place may be offered. This is on condition that the Local Authority names the school in Part 4 of your child’s statement.